Precautions & Sandblaster gun FAQ by Lematec
Precautions & Sandblaster FAQ
- Air compressor
- What to do if your sandblaster is clogging? Answer 1.
- Why does the sandblasting gun have the problem of air leaks? Answer 2.
- Why is the sandblaster not powerful? Answer 3.
- Sandblaster types:
- Why need to refill the hopper often? Answer 4.
- Sandblasting gun operation
- Why do media pour out of the sandblaster tip? Answer 5.6.
- Why can’t the siphon-feed method work? Answer 7.8
- Why does the sand blaster use too much media (abrasive)? Answer 9.10
- What should do if the media does not eject or the sandblasting gun does not work? Answer 11, 12, 13
- Why can’t the sandblaster remove the paint? Answer 8, 14, 15
Answer as follows:
- It is recommended to install an air control unit in the air compressor. And the installation of an air filter at the air inlet of the sandblaster.
- The connection between the compressor pipeline and the tools has air leakage. If finding air leakage, please wrap the Teflon tape in the connection.
- Please confirm the air compressor is above two hp and the operating pressure is above 90 PSI.
- The sandblaster types depend on the size of the objects.
For smaller projects, AS118 is suitable because of its flexibility to use.
For bigger projects, we recommend AS118-2C. There is a siphon hose for continuous and longer-lasting operations.
If you want to check detailed information about the sandblaster, click the link.
- It is normal for the media to pour out of the tip if a valve is open.
- Even if the valve is closed, media is left in the chamber. The media will continue blowing out of the tip. This is perfectly normal.
- When the siphon-fed can't work, please refer to the steps in the video. And ensure the gap (small hole) of the tube isn't covered by the media.
- Please check if the air source is normal. The operating pressure needs to be higher than 90 PSI.
- Adjust the abrasive valve to control the amount of media.
- Reduce the media flow by reducing the air compressor PSI. Please don't go below 90 PSI.
- The acceptable abrasive size is #46 to #220. The abrasive particles are too large which will cause blockage.
- Check if the valve of adjusting the media opens.
- Confirm whether the air source is normal. If the pressure is over 150 PSI, the sandblaster won’t work.
- Please confirm to use the above two-HP air compressor.
- Use a harder abrasive. For example, it would be steel grit or aluminum oxide.
About how to select the media, please refer to the link.